28006, Madrid, Calle de Serrano, 122Find on map
Contact phone: +34 915 61 60 84
Telephone: +34 932 200 608 Mo-Su.
Fax: +34 93 272 64 15
Other work days
The Lázaro Galdiano Museum
The Lázaro Galdiano Museum opened its doors to the public on the 27th January 1951. Emilio Camps Cazorla (1903-1952) had carried out the inventory of the collection in line with the wishes of José Lázaro Galdiano, who wanted his collection to be both educative and enjoyable for future generations.
The museum has a total of 4,820 pieces of art on display, distributed on four floors of the museum. The pieces are logically laid out and displayed with lots of information about the collection and the particular rooms in which they are in, helping the visitor to fully enjoy the richness and variety of the museum. The museum’s collection of Spanish art (from the 15th – 19th centuries) is on display in these nine rooms, including painting, sculpture, furniture and decorative arts.
Paintings from the 16th century, (by El Greco and Sofonisba Anguissola); paintings from the 17th century (by Velázquez, Zurbarán, Ribera, Pereda, Murillo, Carreño, Claudio Coello, Antolínez and Rizi); the fantastic collection of paintings by Goya, including Witches’ Sabbath and The Spell, amongst others.