28028, Madrid, Calle de Alcala, 237Find on map
Contact phone: +34 913 56 22 00
Telephone: +34 932 200 608 Mo-Su.
Urgent calls: +34 638 841 638
Fax: +34 93 272 64 15
от 5 до 150 €
Las Ventas Bullring
The arena of Madrid was built in 1929 in the area called “Las Ventas del Espíritu Santo”, which gave the bullring its name. Also known as The Cathedral of the Winds, for its location on one of the windiest areas of Madrid in the Salamanca district of Madrid. The official opening took place in June 1931 with a celebration for the matadors Juan Belmonte, Marcial Lalanda and Joaquin Rodriguez “Cagancho” with bulls of Carmen Federico.
The Plaza de Toros of Las Ventas is the most demanding audience in the world, and few bullfighters reach the absolute triumph, the exit through the Puerta Grande of Madrid. Las Ventas is a seasonal bullring, in which bullfights begin at the end of March and end in October, normally on Sundays. The most important bullfighting festival of the world is the Feria de San Isidro, patron of the city of Madrid.
The bullring was designed by the architect Jose Espeliú, and built in brick on a metal frame with decorative ceramic tiles. The arena of Las Ventas, with a total area of 45,800 square meters, is the major bullring in Spain and the third bullring in the world, after the bullrings of Mexico and Valencia, Venezuela. It has a total capacity of 23,798 spectators.